Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Open House to Remember



In my last post I told you about our Annual Christmas Open House. Well this year was one for the books.

I am having to type this pretty much one handed you see because I fell and sustained a badly bruised left arm and hand. It happened on the morning of the Open House. I was letting Samantha (our Black Lab/Border Collie) out the back door when she smelled Missy's (Our Son & Daughter-in-law's dog) Dog food and lunged toward it catching me off balance and throwing me into the doorway. I ended up on the floor of the laundry room on all fours crying ow, ow, ow. That was at 6:00 am on the morning of the open house. Being the stubborn person that I am, I refused to go to the ER stating that I had way too much to do to get ready for the afternoons activities.
By 9:00 am I decided that everyone else, my Husband, Son, Daughter, Son-in-law, Daughter-in-law and probably the Grand kids as well, were right and Jason and I made a trip to Twin Cities Hospital ER. The rest stayed behind to do all the things that I SHOULD have been doing to get ready. Two and a half hours later I was back home with the good news that my arm was not broken, just very badly bruised. (Thank you Lord for your Mercy) The pictures above were taken just before I started to type this post. The swelling has gone down about 50% or more and I can now extend my arm all the way for a short period of time.
The Open House went on as planned thanks to all the family pitching in and helping. I sat in a comfy chair and greeted guests as they came through the door. Whenever I tried to get up everyone told me to sit down and they would get me what I needed.

Merry Christmas to all and watch out for the Dog!!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

You left out the part where you had Jason call Karyn on your way to the ER so the two of you could meet up with us... SO YOU COULD GET YOUR STARBUCKS!!!

I mean, honesty, a girl's gotta have her priorities.